Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Mad Tea Party

Can I just say, right here and now, how much this shiny doohickey appeals to my inner Victorian Heroine? Some awesome woman donated about 6 or 7 of these things (including one complete set) along with chafing dishes and nut dishes and all sorts of ridiculously specific vessels for serving a proper tea.

You see, the yw has a Red Stocking Tea Benefit in December and we can always use more beautiful silver. It was like Christmas unwrapping the FOUR BOXES that she brought in on Friday. Most are plated, but I like them all the same. I polished this one a bit .... just because.

Julie and I were so inspired we've decided to try having a quarterly tea and invite as broad an age range as we can. Woohoo!



This is actually a coffee pot. But who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment