Sunday, January 20, 2008

Baby it's Cold Outside......

I've spent the lost few days holed up in the house working on projects. And watching Battlestar Gallactica.

I found two really nice 26" by 26" down upholstery pillows at Goodwill with the tags still on them. I spent the morning today making pillowcases (with zippers) out of a vintage batik I had been saving. I was shooting for something unique like this. In case you haven't figured it out..... I'd like to live in an Anthropologie catalog.

Tyree has spent the last few days scraping and stripping a desk that I brought home. It was initially a gift for my niece, but they decided they didn't want it. It was covered in black, then hunter green, then white paint. Now it is oak again for Conor's room. It turned out to be a really beautiful piece of furniture. I'm glad he took the time to do it.




The pillow. One of a pair.





The little desk getting a coat of semi-gloss polyurethane.






Two cuties in their winter coats.


No comments:

Post a Comment