Monday, May 5, 2008

Janet's New Colossal TimeSink


No, it's not these two. They just happened to be cute near a camera.




I took my first weaving class. It was for beginners and went for 7 hours for 2 days. I feel like I understand the basics. She had us warp the loom twice and get right to work. I made this scarf on a Schacht Baby Wolf Loom. I did NOT choose chenille nor the colors, but I was happy with the way it turned out. Not really my style, but pretty.




Next she had us do twill samples. For all of these patterns, the loom is warped the same. You use a different combination of foot treadling to get the twill patterns. She taught us to read the pattern drafts.



Obviously this one was the easiest.



Whoops! A few mistakes in this one. Now I'm supposed to wash them in warm water to full them a little and the pattern is supposed to pop.


By the way, I'm hooked on this.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! Great job. Love the pun too. =)

    ReplyDelete