Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Big, Exciting News!

The artichokes are flowering!!!!

What? That's not what you thought I was going to say? Well, hmmm. Some of you are just going to have to wait a few days, I guess.

Meanwhile, back to the garden:





Last year they got an aphid infestation. It looks like the ladybugs are doing their job!





Teasers.





The bean and pea trellis' are completely overrun.




Raspberries are starting to produce.




We're already digging up monster potatoes.




There are a few tiny green tomatoes. Not bad for July.





During harvest season in the Pacific Northwest, zucchini are so abundant that people will do ANYTHING to unburden themselves. I've heard of people breaking into cars to leave zucchini behind. I take my extra to the YW where people love them.

Myself? I really don't care all that much for them. I know, I know....they can be marinated and kabobed and grilled and baked. That doesn't change the fact that to me, they taste like a really dry cucumber or really juicy dish sponge. Mmmm, sponge.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the news we got in the mail, too! Congratulations. Aunti Nora and Uncle Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heartfelt congratulations to the both of you! I just knew it when I met him that he was the one. So so happy for you both.
    -C

    ReplyDelete