Saturday, August 23, 2008

The First Wedding Post.


JULY 18th, 2009


Ok...without getting all Bridezilla, I wanted to give those folks that live far away the EARLIEST possible notice on the wedding date. Here ya go. I still plan to send out a clever little "save the date" card for those in my circle and Tyree's who don't play with the innernets. Look for those in the next few months. Invitations with REAL solid venue details, etc, will be out this spring. I have already reserved this date at the current venue of choice.

The plans for the wedding (I am told by experts) are fairly intimate, though it is certainly the largest dinner party I've ever thrown. I am already actively recruiting my local friends and family for a little DIY help. Hopefully, when the out of town chefs arrive (Mom) there will be details, but not overwhelming details, to keep you busy.

We are catering our own. There you have it. Next Spring's garden will be dedicated to wedding food production. We're brewing our own beer. We are even making the cake. We just like to do stuff ourselves.

The shocking parts (not for anyone who has known me for more than 1 hour) :
We're being married by Marty, one of our closest friends who is an officiant. We'll develop the ceremony with him. There will be a visible tattoo. Um...I might not wear white. Not sure yet.
Our unique personalities + minimum "spectacle" = Happy Janet and Tyree in love.

Thank you thank you thank you so much to everyone who has offered to wrap, grow, cook, assemble, arrange, fund and otherwise support us. I love you all.



2 comments:

  1. I have my apron ready!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The date is saved!!!!
    Aunti Nora and Uncle Chuck

    ReplyDelete