Friday, October 17, 2008

Fell out of the world for a bit....

Sorry for the long absence! But I feel like I'm getting my mojo back now.

About the leg surgery/procedure....I have to warn you that this post will contain some kinda gross photos. But since my family almost exclusively reads this, here goes.

I had been prescribed compression stockings some years ago for my legs and after a time, my insurance would have covered the procedure but my platelet count was too dangerous to do it. As of this last winter , though, my platelets are back in the low, but normal range, and I decided to go for it.

This first photo was taken the morning on my way to NW Vein Center. This is my left leg. It is significantly worse that my right leg, for the record. THose bruises are pretty much always there.


This photo doesn't do the lower shin veins justice, but you can see the greater saphanous vein is bulging pretty badly and I had just gotten out of bed for the day. I experienced a lot more pain during the procedure than I was supposed to. They're going to have to up the valium to get me in there for the second next week.



These two photos were taken a week afterward (tonight) and I still have a lot of pain, but as you can see that bulging vein has been lasered shut through some incisions. Not too bad.



This leg is a lot less lumpy, but the recovery, for some reason, is a lot more painful. Sorry about the ickyness of the post. I will now return you to your regularly scheduled craftastic yarnfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment